Recent Transactions & News
1. Capital Raising
- Regularly ranked number 2 in Australia for number of IPO's.
- Acted as Australian Counsel for numerous Canadian capital raisings of TSX listed companies.
- Acted as Australian Counsel to a Canadian Investment Bank in various fund raisings by Australian listed companies in Canada
(for an aggregate amount of approximately $300 million).
- Acted for a gold focused exploration company in its $8 million IPO.
- Acted for a company whose primary business objective is to produce and market a unique wool harvesting system as an alternative to mechanical shearing, in its $5 million IPO.
- Acted for an Australian gold exploration company in their $30 million IPO and ASX listing.
- Acted for an Australian listed oil and gas exploration company focused on the Philippines in its pro rata renounceable rights issue to raise up to approximately $5 million.
- Acted for 2 Chinese based businesses in their IPO and ASX listing.
- Acted for an ASX listed resources company on its $12.6 million placement and connected offtake agreement with a global mining company.
- Advised on ASX listed energy company on its placement and appointment of a SGX listed company as its strategic advisor with equity top-up rights.
- Acted for numerous ASX listed companies in respect of their secondary capital raisings via right issues, placements and public offers.
2. Mergers and Acquisitions
- Vendors of Western Australian industrial company with respect to the restructure and sale to the Berkshire Hathaway group.
- Listed Australian company in relation to their merger by Scheme of Arrangement with a Canadian listed company and
subsequent listing on TSX-V.
- Medium level uranium producer (TSX listed) in its all cash takeover offer (in excess of $200 million) for an ASX listed target.
- ASX listed target in relation to an all cash takeover offer (approximately $133 million).
- Two ASX listed targets and one unlisted target in all scrip takeover offers.
- Vendors in the sale of electrical engineering company to ASX listed multi-disciplinary engineering
company RCR Tomlinson for $43.7m.
- ASX listed energy exploration company in $9 million acquisition of a private on shore gas production company.
- ASX listed resource exploration company in acquisition of $94 million private coal project in the Hunter Valley
and accompanying $10 million fundraising.
- ASX listed environmental, engineering and project delivery consultancy company in $9 million acquisition of a Western Australian surveying, mapping and town planning private company.
- Vendors in the sale of a manufacture and distribution business in the building and hardware industry to an Australian company wholly owned by a leading US and global provider of non-powered landscaping products for approximately $14.05 million.
- ASX listed resource exploration company in the acquisition of the multi-element Motzfeldt Project in Greenland.
- Vendor of private resources exploration company in the sale of all shares to ASX listed resource exploration company for approximately $5 million.
- Advised the bidder on an off-market takeover of ASX and TSX listed target capitalised at $57 million.
- Albidon Limited in relation to its merger with, and privatisation by, Jinchuan Nickel.
- International oil and gas service provider in relation to their acquisition of the Australian engineering business, Velocious.
- Outback Ecology in relation to the sale of their environmental consultancy business to international engineering company MWH.
- Sellers of a Perth based healthcare consulting business to an international private equity backed group.
- Amcom Telecommunications Limited in its acquisition of L7 Solutions Pty Ltd.
- Coziron Resources Limited in its acquisition of 3 entities holding iron ore assets in Western Australia for total consideration of $15 million in shares.
- A TSX listed uranium producer in its off-market takeover of an ASX listed target (valued at approximately $57 million).
- MacPhersons Resources Limited in relation to their acquisitions of Kalgoorlie Ore Treatment Company Pty Ltd and Polymetals (WA) Pty Ltd.
- Vendor of phosphate assets in Norway to a UK company in connection with its IPO.
3. Energy and Resources
- Provided advice and prepared documentation for the disposal of petroleum assets in PNG, New Zealand and Queensland on
behalf of ASX listed entity.
- Acted in relation to a reverse merger of an ASX listed entity and unlisted public company, which acquired gold interests in
- Assisted in the initial public offering of client with petroleum assets in Myanmar, Queensland, PNG and Thailand.
- Advised on structure and documentation to effect phosphate farm in and joint venture on behalf of ASX listed company in
- Advised on the acquisition of significant Russian potash and coal projects.
- Negotiated, drafted and provided ongoing advice on farm in and joint venture arrangements in WA, Queensland, NSW, South
Australia and the Northern Territory in relation to nickel, gold, iron ore and uranium projects;
- Structured, negotiated and prepared documentation for the reverse merger and ASX listing of, amongst others, molybdenum
assets and gas projects in Indonesia and coal assets in Victoria and NSW.
- Negotiated, conducted due diligence, drafted acquisition documents and a prospectus for an initial public offering of
assets in Brazil, Peru and Chile.
- Structured and prepared documents to enable an ASX listed company to divest its Australian iron ore assets into a new ASX
listed company via in specie distribution of shares.
- Advised ASX listed and unlisted resource companies on their resource offtake agreements.
4. Reconstructions and Recapitalisations
- Reconstruction of communications ASX listed shell and recapitalisation and acquisition of South African thermal coal project.
- Reconstruction of pearl farming and marketing ASX listed shell and recapitalisation and acquisition of Vietnam bauxite project.
- Reconstruction of energy exploration ASX listed company and recapitalisation and acquisition of Indonesian on shore
gas production asset.
- Reconstruction of resource exploration ASX listed shell and recapitalisation and acquisition of coking coal project
in the Hunter Valley.
- Reconstruction of resource exploration and mining ASX listed shell and recapitalisation and acquisition of Mongolian resource projects.
- Reconstruction and $3.3 million recapitalisation of resource exploration ASX listed company.
- Reconstruction and $3 million recapitalisation of pharmaceutical ASX listed company.
- Reconstruction and $3 million recapitalisation of health care equipment and services ASX listed company.
- Restructure of private consulting firm specialising in simulation modelling in project evaluation for the mining and resources sector.
- Reconstruction of aquaculture ASX listed company and $6 million recapitalisation and acquisition of Brazilian gold projects.
- Reconstruction of brewing ASX listed company and $3 million recapitalisation.
- Reconstruction of recycling ASX listed company and $3 million recapitalisation.
- Reconstruction of financial services ASX listed company and $3 million recapitalisation.
- Reconstruction of aquaculture ASX listed company and $3 million recapitalisation.